.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the daily spew

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Oh Happy Day!

I remember when the local radio station play-by-play guy used to call him "Big Keith Primeau." Size-wize he was a very large player, too bad he never played hockey that way. He was perhaps the worlrds largest skating vagina with a hockey stick.

My heart was gladdened the day that the Red Wings dumped this pussy and his douchebag defenseman Paul Coffey on the Hartford Whalers for Brendan Shanahan. The Whalers dumped Coffey on Philadelphia that same year and decided to keep Primeau around.

This trade happened just before the 1996-1997 NHL season started. It coincindentally also happens to be the year Detroit won the Stanley Cup after 40+ years.

Hartford packed their bags and moved south becoming the Carolina Hurricanes. I recall going to see a first round playoff game in Greensboro in 1999 between Carolina and Boston. I arrived wering my favorite Red Wings shirt, rooted for Boston (I like Sergei Samosonov) and yelled "Primeau Sucks" periodically during the game. I got some real nasty looks for that one.

During an intermission, someone asked why I disliked Keith Primeau, he is, after all a primere player they explained. I proceeded to explain my Primeau-Vaginal theory to them and received blank looks in return. "Someday you will understand", I thought quietly to myself.

Someday finally arrived. Big Keith wanted more money and Carolina showed him the door. In the free agent market of the summer of 2001, Primeau packed his bags and got a nice big contract with Phildelphia. The 2001-2002 season featured Carolina going to the Stanley Cup Finals (are you beginning to sense a pattern here).

They lost the Stanley Cup 4 games to 1 to the other team that dumped Keith Primeau, the Red Wings.

Update:
I'm predicting that the Flyers will probably have a good playoff run.

1 Comments:

  • Please explain the Primeau-Vaginal theory more fully.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home